The LifeStraw® Mission gravity powered water purifier removes 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of protozoa, and 99.999% of viruses, while purifying an impressive 18,000 liters of water. Simply fill the BPA-Free bag, hang, and enjoy clean, purified drinking water. It’s Ideal for camping, group hikes, and expeditions.
LifeStraw®Mission uses a highly efficient method of purification that requires no chemicals, batteries or moving parts. Water poured into the purifier moves down the tube, while being forced through narrow hollow fibers. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other contaminants are trapped inside and are flushed out by backwashing.
LifeStraw® Mission is easy to use and maintain. Users simply fill the dirty water reservoir with the cleanest water available, fold the top to seal it, clip around a sturdy tree branch, connect the hose to the bag and allow a few minutes for clean water to start flowing from the safe water outlet.
Tried and tested in the harshest conditions.
Award-winning LifeStraw® technology was originally introduced in 2005 as an emergency response tool to filter water often contaminated following natural disasters. Today, LifeStraw® is used in water filtration products around the world.
- Gravity fed portable water filter
- Light-weight & durable
- Filters up to 18,000L of water
- BPA-free compact roll bag with 5L holding capacity
- Flow rate of 9-12L/hr
- Simple “hanging” design with strap
- Drawstring carry bag allows for easy storage
- Transforms microbiologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water
- Filter water from any fresh water source*
- Microfiltration membrane technology to filter down to a tiny 0.02 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria
- Removes 99.99% of waterborne protozoan parasites
- Removes 99.999% of waterborne viruses
- Effective against waterborne diseases such as Escherichia coli (E.coli), Salmonella, Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Requires no power or batteries
- Easy backwash cleaning system
- Ideal for hiking, camping, 4WD & emergency use
*Does not filter dissolved matter or heavy metals such as salt, chlorine or arsenic from water