Meet the lightest premium Protector™ case on the planet. Up to 40% lighter than other polymer cases. Pelican™ Air cases are the first in a series of remarkable innovations engineered by Pelican Products, the pioneers of protective cases.
The Pelican 1485 Air Case is made with the next generation lightweight HPX™resin. Stainless steel pins are used in the handles and hinges. The case incorporates an automatic pressure relief valve which allows for equal pressure inside the case and prevents moisture from entering. The double throw latches allow for quick and easy access and maintains a tight seal to prevent dust and water getting into the case. The Pelican 1485 Air Case has internal dimensions of 45.0 x 25.8 x 15.6 cm. The external dimensions for the case are 48.6 x 32.5 x 17.5 cm. The base depth for the case is 11cm with a lid depth of 4.6cm. The case weight is 2.4kg making an ideal solution to protect your valuable equipment. The case has reinforced padlock protectors which provide added strength and extra security against cutting and theft.
The Pelican™ Air case has been designed to cut weight without compromising durability. Our engineers have revolutionised the protector case by reducing structural waste while preserving Pelican’s legendary standards of strength. Here are some of the important reasons why Pelican™ Air cases are both strong and light:
- Molded from the next generation of Pelican’s lightweight HPX™ resin, a proprietary formula that rebounds without breaking.
- Honeycomb structural elements that are actually stronger than solid polymer material
- Super-stiff “full box” sections engineered to create hollow parts.
Just like Pelican’s legendary cases they are guaranteed for life. Fitted with a purge valve and business card holder this is your go anywhere case.
|48.6 x 32.5 x 17.5 cm|
|Waterproof (IP67 Rated)||Internal Dimensions|
|45.0 x 25.8 x 15.6 cm|
|Airline Safe||Bottom Depth|
- BODY: Proprietary Polypropylene Blend
- LATCH: ABS
- O-RING: EPDM
- PURGE BODY: ABS
- PURGE VENT: Hi-Flow Gore-Tex 3 Micron Hydrophobic Non-Woven
- PURGE O-RING: 70 Shore Nitrile
- LID DEPTH: 1.80" (4.6 cm)
- BOTTOM DEPTH: 4.35" (11 cm)
- TOTAL DEPTH: 6.15" (15.6 cm)
- INT VOLUME: 0.64 ft³ (0.018 m³)
- WEIGHT WITH FOAM: 5.39 lbs (2.4 kg)
- WEIGHT WITHOUT FOAM: 4.57 lbs (2.1 kg)
- BUOYANCY: 41.10 lbs (18.6 kg)
- MINIMUM TEMPERATURE: 0° F (-18 ° C)
- MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE: 140° F (60 ° C)
Pelican Products, Inc (“Pelican”) guarantees its injection molded products for a lifetime against breakage or defects in workmanship. Pelican™ injection molded cases are guaranteed to be watertight to a depth of 3.3 feet (1 meter) for 30 minutes (IP67) if properly closed with undamaged o-ring in place unless otherwise stated. To the extend permitted by law, Pelican’s liability is limited to the case and not its contents or foam. All warranty claims of any nature are barred if the container has been altered, damaged or in any way physically changed, or subjected to abuse, misuse, negligence or accident.